At the moment I wish to introduce to you one of the successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), which is oriented in the direction of the famous Warcraft three - Map "Defense of the Ancients".
For those who never played DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game idea I'll clarify it in detail:
League of Legends does not put excessive requirements on your PCs. You need at the very least:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.zero capable video card, - 750 MB free hard disk space, - DSL or similar
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, depending on where you live. You can too create an account on US whereas residing in Europe however you will expertise higher pings then. I provide you with a link to create an account in my author's bio. Select a reputation (always the toughest half) and a nice picture and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 players (there are extra game modes, however they are not important to start with because as a newbie it's best to begin with 5vs5 to be taught the gameplay). Earlier than each match you all select a "champion" who's the character you need to use in battle. Dependant in your private preferendes it may be e.g. an undead mage, a large granite golem, a bit boy using on a Yeti, a courageous knight and lots of more.All in all there are greater than eighty (!) different champions and every second week one is added.
Each champions has four completely different abilities (three regular and one further strong, the "Ultimate") and a passive, which he has for the reason that beginning. You be taught the skills by leveling up ingame and your max champion level is 18 which suggests that you've 5 points in every normal skill and three in your ultimate.
You receive expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being close to when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it is not essential to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
At first you generally play no matter you want, later it is useful to communicate with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you've got a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the identical kind.
The totally different kinds of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means skill energy, they mainly deal magical injury with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they mainly deal bodily damage with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They're arduous to kill and protect their own carries, for instance by beautiful or taunting the enemies)
4. Helps (They have either buffs or heals to assist their carries and hold them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't begin within the lane however in the jungle and support their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The attention-grabbing point is: Depending on the gadgets you equip in your champions they are typically able to fulfill different roles!
At first you do not have own champions, however each week there are 10 free ones which everyone can use. After some matches you should purchase extra champions with affect factors (IP) within the shop. I will come to this later.
The map has 3 completely different lanes, which lead from your personal to the enemy base. On these lanes there are several Towers which you need to destroy earlier than you possibly can attack the base itself. As a support your essential constructing ("Nexus") spawns minion waves briefly intervals which assist you to in fights. Between the lanes there's the "jungle", where neutral monsters are located. If you happen to kill those you obtain gold and/or non permanent buffs.
As soon because the match begins everybody has about a minute to spend his beginning capital on objects within the shop.
This doesn't take lengthy since you do not have a lot gold within the beginning. There are different ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everyone receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (right here you will need to give them the ultimate blow, the so called "lasthitting")
3. Killing or helping to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are a number of objects which grant you extra income (the so called gold/5 objects -> they offer you 1 gold every 5 seconds)
If you happen to destroy the enemy main constructing (Nexus) your group wins. For being able to assault the Nexus, nevertheless, it's important to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on a minimum of one lane and the two towers which shield the Nexus. So it isn't the most effective idea to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 in case you do not push the lanes at the identical time. A mean match takes 30-45 minutes, not often greater than an hour. As soon as the match reaches minute 20 it's also doable to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a fairly new domination map ("Dominion") where it's a must to capture and defend certain points. As well as there are ranked modes for gamers with summoner level 30 (explanation follows) through which you receive an Elo count relying in your wins and losses. For newbies I extremely advocate the normal 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends shirt
of Legends also has an RPG part. You don't only select a name and a picture for your self (you're a so known as "summoner", do not combine it up with the "champions") however you might be also able to stage up your self and buy small buffs with Influence Points (IP).